Because we are an educational organization, each meeting includes a program of interest to the knitting community.
Programs in 2022
- January — International Knitting: Kaffe Fasset – England/California
- February — Knit Along
- March — NEW! Stitch Every Month Program
- April— Continuing Stitch Every Month Program
- May—Ever knit a Ribble?
- June—Bring knitting tricks to share
- July—Norwegian Knitting
- August—Carson Demers (video)
- September—Heather Arnold teaching 2 Color Brioche
The Night meeting is on the 2nd Tuesday evening of the month from 6:30 to 8:30 at St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church 2500 Soquel Ave in Santa Cruz.
The Fireside room, where we meet, is located at the back of the church. Turn into the parking lot and proceed to the back; there is an alcove on the right. The Fireside Room is on your left as you enter the door.
The Day meeting is on the 3rd Thursday morning of the month from 10:00 to12:00 except in December. The Day meeting is also at St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church 2500 Soquel Ave in Santa Cruz.
Online Programs in 2021 included:
- January — International Knitting: Norway – Arne & Carlos
- February — Stash, knitting intentions and hats
- March — Knitting for Charity – New Ideas. Introduction of KAL for the Year.
- April–Remote Learning for Knitters
- May–Allison Korleski of Fiber Nation Podcast
- June–Henry and Roy Clemes: Fiber Art Woodworkers and Equipment Builders
- July–Sivia Harding: Beaded Bracelets
- August-Roy Clemes (Evening); Cowl KAL Progress (Morning)
- September-Laurie R. King (Day meeting only)
- October-Hats for Sailors
- November-KAL Wrap up-Cowls
- December-Holiday Party
Online Programs in 2020 included:
- Making Marls with Cecelia Campochiaro
- Japanese Knitting Patterns with Heddi Craft
- Colorwork with Kira Dulaney (KiraK)
- Sister Guild meeting with Wenatchee, WA featuring Amy Snell on Successful Sock Knitting
Programs in 2019 included:
- January — Shetland Lace Knitting
- February — Yarn Stash and Swap — Helix Hats
- March — Techniques in How to Attach Buttons
- April — How to Find and Explore a Pattern on Ravelry
- May — Annual Knit Along — Shawls — Program Committee
- June — Mosaic Knitting
- July — Beyond Ravelry: Internet Resources for Knitters
- August — Local Haiku Poet, Teacher and Knitter
- September — Hats in a New Direction (sideways on two needles)
- October — Shawl Knit Along Wrap up — Program Committee
- November — Joins
- December — Party!
Other selected past programs included:
- Portuguese Knitting
- Irish Knitting
- Customizing Sweater Fit
- Using Repurposed Yarn For Sweaters
- What Spinning has Taught Me About Knitting
…and many more
KAL – Knitalongs
The Guild holds an optional annual knitalong for members.
- 2021: Cowls, using recent class techniques
- 2020: Baby Blanket of your choice
- 2019: Shawls, Miss Grace, Reyna, or Clapotis
- 2018: Sweater of Choice
- 2017: Fingerless Gloves
- 2016: Multnomah Shawl
- 2015: February Lady Sweater
- 2014: Baby Surprise Jacket